Wholesome Harvest Golden Wheat Bread becomes extra golden, crunchy and delicious in this breakfast sandwich.
- 4 slices Wholesome Harvest® Golden Wheat Bread
- ¼ cup breakfast sausage, crumbled
- 2 tbsp. butter, divided
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices Colby Jack cheese
- Sriracha Butter (recipe follows)
- Additional Sriracha, if desired
Sriracha Butter Ingredients:
- 4 tbsp. butter, softened
- 1 tbsp. Sriracha
- Waffle iron
- Make Sriracha Butter. In a small bowl, combine butter with Sriracha. Stir until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, cook sausage until browned and completely cooked through. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Using same skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of butter over medium heat. Add eggs, and cook to desired doneness. Set aside.
- Spread remaining tablespoon of butter on one side of each slice of bread. Flip slices over, and spread desired amount of Sriracha Butter on each slice. Build sandwiches by topping two slices of buttered bread with one slice of cheese, half the eggs, sausage and a second slice of cheese. Drizzle with additional Sriracha, if desired, then cover each sandwich with buttered bread, Sriracha-butter-side facing in.
- Heat waffle iron. When ready, place sandwich in center of waffle iron, close lid and cook until bread is golden brown on both sides and cheese is melted. Repeat with second sandwich.