Veggie Grilled Cheese
Enjoy this farmers’ market fresh take on the classic comfort food.
- 4 slices Wholesome Harvest® 9 Grain & Seed Bread
- 2 cups baby spinach
- ½ cup sweet peppers, sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 slices Sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 slices Muenster cheese
- 1 tbsp. butter
- Place spinach, peppers and mushrooms in a skillet and cook over medium heat. Add olive oil and cook for about 4 minutes or until the spinach wilts and the mushrooms turn golden brown. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Build sandwiches by placing Cheddar cheese on the bottom bread slices. Add the spinach mix, then a slice of Muenster cheese and top with remaining bread slices.
- Butter each side of the sandwiches and place in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook for about 3 minutes, flip and repeat until bread is toasted and golden brown.