Turkey, Goat Cheese and Jam Sandwich
Not all turkey and cheese sandwiches are created equal. This one steals the show with our whole grain bread and homemade blueberry jam!
- 2 slices Wholesome Harvest® 9 Grain & Seed Bread
- ¼ cup spinach
- 3-4 slices turkey
- 3-4 tbsp. blueberry jam (recipe follows)
- ¼ cup Goat cheese
Blueberry Jam Ingredients:
- 2 heaping cups of fresh or frozen blueberries
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp. of lemon juice
- Make the Blueberry Jam. Add blueberries, sugar and lemon juice to a medium saucepan. Stirring frequently, cook over medium-high heat until blueberry mixture comes to a rolling boil. Reduce heat to medium and continue boiling and stirring for 10 minutes. Toward the end of the cooking time, use the back of the spoon to gently crush some of the berries. At the end of the 10 minutes the blueberry liquid should be slightly thickened. When the blueberry mixture reaches 220°F on a kitchen thermometer, the jam is done. Transfer to a storage jar and let cool to room temperature. Once at room temperature, seal jars and store in the refrigerator. Jam could take 24-48 hours to fully set up. (But it can be eaten immediately.) For best results, use in about 10 days. (If sealed properly and unopened, jam could last anywhere from 1-3 months in the fridge.)
- Make the sandwich. Layer spinach, turkey, jam and Goat cheese on one slice of bread. Top with final slice of bread and enjoy!