Spring Veggie Strata
Indulge in the fresh tastes of the season and enjoy 32 grams of whole grains per serving.
- 7 slices Wholesome Harvest® Stone Ground Whole Wheat Sandwich Bread, cubed
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- ¾ tsp. salt, divided
- ½ tsp. black pepper, divided
- 4 sweet peppers, diced
- 4 asparagus spears, chopped
- ½ cup baby bella mushrooms
- ½ cup Goat cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Spray a 9-by-9-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. In a medium bowl, beat eggs, milk, and ¼ teaspoon of salt and black pepper. Add bread and toss until coated. Place in baking dish and set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Add in peppers, asparagus, mushrooms, and season with remaining salt and pepper. Sauté for approximately 5 minutes. Remove mixture from heat and spread evenly over bread in the baking dish. Add in Goat cheese in between the bread crevasses.
- Bake until top is browned, and center is firm (approximately 25 minutes). Remove from oven and let strata sit for approximately 5 minutes before serving.