Savory Breakfast Bundt
Wholesome Harvest Country White Bread and all your fave omelet ingredients combine in this stunning brunch bundt.
- 8 slices Wholesome Harvest® Country White Bread, toasted and cubed
- ½ lb. asparagus, trimmed of woody ends and cut into ½-inch diagonal pieces
- 2 tbsp. butter, divided
- 1 leek, cleaned, cut in half lengthwise and sliced into ½-inch pieces, white and light green parts only
- ½ cup diced sweet peppers
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- ½ cup crumbled Goat cheese
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp. dried herbes de Provence
- 1 tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Add the cut asparagus and boil for 1 minute. Remove the asparagus from the pot, and plunge into a bowl of ice water. Let cool, then transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter to a medium pan over medium heat. Add the leek slices and peppers, and cook, stirring gently, for 10-12 minutes until the leeks are softened, but not browned.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, crumbled Goat cheese, Parmesan cheese, herbes de Provence, salt and pepper.
- Fold the bread into the egg mixture until the bread is completely saturated with the mixture. Add the bacon, asparagus, leek slices and peppers, and gently fold to combine.
- Butter interior of bundt pan with remaining tablespoon of butter. Gently pour the bread mixture into the bundt pan.
- Bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes, or until the top is lightly browned and the custard is cooked through. Remove from oven and let cool for about 5-10 minutes before removing from pan. Serve warm.