This gooey sandwich is one that the whole family will love!
- 4 slices Wholesome Harvest Golden Wheat Bread
- 1/4 lb lean ground beef
- 1/4 lb lean ground veal
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 4 .5" cubes mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups strained tomatoes or tomato sauce with basil
- 2 tbsp finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Mix ground beef with ground veal, garlic powder, salt, oregano and pepper.
- Roll and shape into 4 meatballs.
- Press 1 cube mozzarella into center of each meatball. Form meat around to enclose.
- Meanwhile bring strained tomatoes to a simmer set over medium heat.
- Add meatballs and simmer, covered for 20 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through and tender.
- Preheat Panini press according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Sandwich 2 meatballs and 1 tbsp parmesan cheese between 2 slices of bread.
- Cook sandwich in press for 2 to 3 minutes or until bread is toasted. Serve with extra sauce.