Treat your family to Hot Chocolate French Toast with a whole grain kick.
- 2 slices Wholesome Harvest Golden Wheat Bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. mini marshmallows
- Chocolate ganache (recipe follows)
- 8 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 2 tsp. hot cocoa powder
Chocolate Ganache Ingredients
- Spray a microwave-safe mug with nonstick cooking spray. Place bread cubes in mug.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon and maple syrup. Pour mixture over the bread cubes, ensuring all pieces are covered.
- Place mug in microwave and cook on high for 1 minute. Remove from microwave, stir gently and return to microwave, cooking in 15-second increments until French toast is set (could take up to 45 seconds).
- Make the Chocolate Ganache. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate chips, heavy cream and butter. Place bowl in the microwave and cook on high for 30 seconds. Remove from microwave, stir gently and return to microwave, cooking in 15-second increments until ganache is smooth (could take up to 45 seconds). Once removed from the microwave, stir in the hot cocoa powder until thoroughly mixed.
- Top the French toast with mini marshmallows and ganache drizzle and enjoy!