Fall flavors abound in this whole grain, vegetarian sandwich.
- 6 slices Wholesome Harvest® 9 Grain & Seed Bread
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1-2 tsp. grainy mustard
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- ⅛ tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Dash black pepper
- 3 cups chickpeas
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- ½ cup diced red apple
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup Brussels sprouts leaves
- In a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt, mustard, lemon juice, onion powder, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Roughly mash chickpeas using a fork, being sure to leave whole chickpeas.
- In a large bowl, combine the chickpeas, celery, apple and cranberries, and toss to incorporate.
- Pour the yogurt mixture over the chickpeas and gently mix until thoroughly coated. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Arrange Brussels sprouts leaves on three slices of bread. Scoop the desired amount of Cran Apple Chickpea Salad on top. Top each with the remaining slice of bread, and enjoy.