Chipotle Chicken Avocado Melt
Spice things up with this melty sandwich – pairs perfectly with your favorite soup.
- 2 slices Wholesome Harvest® Country White Bread
- 1 tbsp. butter, softened
- 4 slices Pepper Jack cheese
- ½ cup shredded chicken
- ¼ cup roasted red peppers, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Chipotle mayo (recipe follows)
Chipotle Mayo Ingredients:
- ⅓ cup light mayo
- 1 tbsp. adobo sauce
- ½ chipotle pepper, minced
- Make the Chipotle Mayo. Combine mayo, adobo sauce and pepper in a small bowl and stir together. Set aside.
- Spread one side of each slice of bread with softened butter. Set aside.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add one slice of bread, butter side down, to the skillet and layer on chipotle mayo, 2 slices of cheese, chicken, roasted red peppers, avocado slices and remaining slices of cheese. Top with second slice of bread, butter side up, and cook until cheese has begun to melt and the bread is a golden brown. Flip and continue cooking until second slice is golden and cheese has melted.
- Serve sandwich with your favorite soup–black bean is particularly nice!