This whole grain caramel apple bread pudding will be a hit with the whole family.
- ½ loaf Wholesome Harvest Stone Ground Whole Wheat Sandwich Bread
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, cubed
- 4 eggs
- ½ tsp. Vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 2 cups half and half
- Caramel sauce, to taste
- Powdered sugar, to taste
- Cut the bread into ½-inch cubes. Set out overnight to dry, or bake in a 350ºF oven for about 15 minutes until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray a 9-by-9-inch baking dish with nonstick spray and fill with bread and apple cubes.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, vanilla, cinnamon and half and half. Pour mixture over bread cubes and apples, ensuring all pieces are covered. Let sit for about 5 minutes.
- Bake for an hour or until the bread pudding is firm. Top with caramel sauce and powdered sugar and enjoy!