French toast that’s fruity, filling and, with 22 grams of whole grains per serving, good for you.
- 2 slices Wholesome Harvest Golden Wheat Bread,cut into ½-inch cubes
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ cup blueberries
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- Lemon glaze (recipe follows)
- ½ cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 3 tbsp. milk
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice
- 12-count muffin pan
Lemon Glaze Ingredients
Blueberry Lemon French Toast Poppers Directions:
- Preheat oven to 375℉ and spray muffin tin with nonstick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon. Fold in bread cubes until soaked.
- Place four to five soaked bread cubes in each muffin cup. Nestle blueberries in among the bread cubes in each cup.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool slightly before drizzling with lemon glaze.
Lemon Glaze Directions:
- Combine powdered sugar, milk and lemon juice in a small bowl and whisk thoroughly until smooth. Drizzle on warm poppers and enjoy.